Anthony McCosker lives in Melbourne Australia, and mines media culture old and new for its affective vibrancy and dangerous vitality. He sometimes dumps images, videos, ideas and reflections here for purely therapeutic purposes. Really, he uses this blog to store ideas, images, videos, links etc for later use in research, writing and teaching. That’s all.
Some of my writing
- (2012) ‘Pain Sense: Nociception, Affect and the Visual Encounter’ Transformations, 22.
- with Rowan Wilken (2012) ‘Cafe Space, Communication, Creativity, and Materialism‘ M/C Journal 15(2) May. 2012.
- (2010) ‘Salvific Pain: Violent Affect and Aesthetic Intimacy in The Passion of the Christ’ Scope: Online Journal of Film & TV Studies, 16(Feb)
- (2008) ‘Blogging Illness; Recovering in Public’, M/C Journal, 11(6), Dec. 2008.
- (2008) ‘Transformations of Pain: Erotic Encounters with Crash’ in Vivien Burr & Jeff Hearn (eds) Sex, Violence and the Body, Palgrave MacMillan, New York.
- (2005) ‘A Vision of Masochism in the Affective Pain of Crash’, Sexualities, 8(1), pp. 30-48
- (2005) ‘Suffering with Honour: The Visual Brutality of Realism in the Combat Film’, Scope: Online Journal of Film & TV Studies, 2(June)
- (2004) ‘East Timor and the Politics of Bodily Pain; A Problematic Complicity’, Continuum; Journal of Media and Cultural Studies, 18(1), pp. 63-79.
- (2004) ‘Deleuze and the New Camera Consciousness’ (book review), Cultural Studies Review, 10(2), pp.224-228.
- (2006) ‘Elderly Moments‘ Stylus Poetry Journal, [poem], Issue 21, March.